Arriving prepared with the essentials (and with a few little extras!) can make all the difference in keeping your energy and enthusiasm up during the week.
Here's what we recommend:
- instrument and bow in a case labeled clearly with your name and phone number
- music stand
- for cellos: small chair (if needed) and endpin strap
- notebook and pen (to record all the great things you learn this week!)
- Lunch (whether you pack your lunch, purchased it from ISSI, or plan to eat out, know what your noon time plans are!)
- schedule (which you'll pick up at registration)
- name badge (which you'll pick up at registration)
- water bottle
- light sweater (rooms can get cold)
- $1 bills to buy treats at the scholarship table
- a snack or two to get you through that mid-day slump
- coloring books, magnet doodle boards, etc for children who have breaks
- camera (to record all the fun you have this week!)
What about you? What things will you be bringing with you to ISSI this year?